Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Total Cliché Day

First thought that jumped into my head today "You have to have rain to make rainbows"  no joke.....


This isn't a picture of a rainbow but its a awesome sunset picture straight out of the camera that I took while driving.....what?


Then I read this and thought it was very fitting too!
"God has proved Himself beyond faithful in our lives, in the valleys and on the mountaintops. I have no reason to doubt He'll continue to be faithful for us no matter our circumstances."


I am kinda in a slap happy mood and now "Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy" comes jumping to mind.
"If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine."  Jack Handey
 
I know that not just for us but so many of our friends are going through rough/tough/not always peachy times - our tube of toothpaste is getting squeezed and its all on the table.  Its hard, its uncomfortable but it is changing us, making us closer and stronger.  I know for sure it is making me all the more grateful for my family and my God.  The truth is He is in control and He has all the strength I could ever need.
 
No one likes having their tube (that is a weird word BTW - I think it should be spelled toob) anywho - no one likes having things shaken up and mixed around - but if it weren't how would we learn and grow and be pushed further in our faith?  If our tube gets all squeezed out we can start over with a new flavor, even better - fresh breath for 12 hours, whiter teeth AND tarter control. 
 
Psalms 30:5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

The good belly laugh kinda joy! The real good stuff - I'm ready for it!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment