Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Food Horror

Josh has a awesome post coming - I haven't seen it yet but I've heard its real good.

But this is not about that - this is about a horror I saw in my pantry & something even worse in my freezer. 

Background: Josh loves snack food and when we went grocery shopping last week he took the opportunity to load up on the good stuff that I never think to buy - and he grabbed some goldfish snack crackers. 


I tried some Garden Cheddar and they kinda tasted funky - when I read the packaging (you can see upper left corner) I found out why - each serving of Garden Cheddar contains 1/3 serving of vegetables..... HORROR. I feel bad for the kids that have parents trying to get them a serving a veggies by feeding them crackers? Give that child some split pea soup - it builds character!!


On the worst thing I have to write - I am completely out of sausage in my freezer - totally out and I feel like a part of me is missing. 

Background:  I love shopping sales, I love coupons, I stock up on stuff that is on sale like an insane person then give half away so I can start over......

So at my old apartment I lived by a Albertsons that every Saturday when I went they had Owens Sausage on sale, and I always had coupons so I'd buy like 5 - 10 packages for $1 or less each then give it to me, my mom, sisters, anyone that wanted some. 

When I moved I couldn't find any deals like that anymore, but I still felt compulsively that I must buy at least one package each time I went to the store and I often did.  Well at Christmas I was organizing my freezer and found that I had like 8 rolls of Owens sausage in my freezer and wondered if I had a problem, but I figured that it was the holidays I had lots of entertaining to do and it was o.k. 

Well apparently I did a lot of entertaining cause I'm out, finito and must make an emergency run to the store.  Anyone who has extra stores of Owens Sausage Spicy or Italian Seasoning please have mercy on this poor starving, empty freezered, sad little thing and send supplies STAT.

1 comment:

  1. Pea soup never did any innocent child any good. It only taught them to dry-heave and upchuck pea soup cause it looked like throw up! If I can get vegetables in my kiddos without them knowing, I'm all for it. One less battle :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete