Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Music

I discover the older I get the more old fashioned I appear..... I go home and cook dinner for my husband, I'm compulsive about writing thank you notes, and I listen to music cause I like how it sounds not because of how the singer looks......

I have never been a fan of MTV - 50% I'm sure because we didn't have cable growing up and went to private school so it really wasn't an option or focus and the other 50% because I find the music videos often ruin the song for me.

I bring this up cause I made the mistake of watching the grammy's instead of reading a book which a sensible girl would do if there is nothing worthwhile on TV.  (sorry Pro Bowl - but you were lame)

I was amazed that all the pop acts and rap acts were so retarded!  I love listening to them but country was the only category that had their heads on straight and sang instead of entertained..... Maybe thats the difference?   I like singing? But really this can't be the future of music?! Anyone else agree or am I alone on my sad old lady rant? 

2 comments:

  1. I disagree....the pro bowl rocks!

    Lame-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is that ridiculous dresser? Is that Lady Gaga? She's kinda weird

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete