Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reasonably Old Enough

I am reasonably old enough to know most of everything I need to take care of myself barring any catastrophes, but it doesn't change the fact that I miss my momma!!! She & my dad are cruising around the Caribbean and I am here with no mom to talk to at the end of each day and I miss her!!


I remember when I was 18 and a senior in high school when she went back to teaching school and my heart was sad. I didn't talk to her as much then and didn't need her while I was in school - but the fact that she wasn't home anymore bothered me...... And now I feel like I a missing a part of my heart. Plus my sister Julie is traveling with her hubby too - so now I'm missing 1/2 my family!! Its a sad weird feeling and I'll be very glad to have them back in town where I can not talk to them or talk to them at my leisure!

In case you aren't BFF's with my whole family left to right - aren't they pretty?  Everyone of them is beautiful inside and out and I couldn't live without them!!
Momma Amy, Julie, me, Jean, Gail



1 comment: