Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Flowers

Something about growing flowers from "scratch" is just so amazing. Jean and I planted some bulbs at the end of January, and Josh and I have been staring intently at the soil every day since straining to see any activity and now we have activity!!




I also have a southern engineered greenhouse in my laundry room that is sprouting green seedlings left and right!! Everyone gear up for lots of okra this spring.

These okra seedlings totally look like little aliens!!

We've got basil, peonies, okra, and zenias growing right now - maybe more later if I get really creative!

I am just so thrilled and excited to see new growth and new promise. Spring makes everything fresh and new!
Check out the below pictures I took with my camera phone in the mornings I left the house and saw something new growing from the earth. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway "I have made fire!!" or in my case flowers, or at least planted them in favorable conditions?

Maybe I should have my own DIY show “Watching flowers grow”……..



Hard to believe that a month an a
half ago this was the front yard
















And here is the flower pot progression:








No comments:

Post a Comment