Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's Beyond

Fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross... Heb 12:2

I get Bible verses on Twitter everyday - I know I'm super cool, but this one came across a few weeks ago and really struck me.  I'd seen it tons of times but this time I felt like I really got it - "for the joy set before him".  It just struck me as so huge, maybe just caught me at the right time, but wow. 

I know that I'm a major NOW person.  If I have to wait a week for something that I really want - I feel like I'm going to die a agonizing death.  I always joke that patience is a virtue I do not possess, but guess what - I'm starting to learn.  God has a funny way of knowing what shortcomings we have and how to help us grow.  I would definitely say that this past year I've been constantly reminded to look forward to the joy set before and have a more eternal viewpoint. 

Its not always easy and certainly not always fun, but I know that God has a plan and there is joy in it if we seek Him and know that He has the best in His heart for us.  And in that I can endure what is set before me!

1 comment: