Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Friday, April 30, 2010

Topsy turvy & Influence?

The News you probably already know
Hello old friends - I know it has been a long time!!! The past month has brought all sorts of fun and changes most majorly is Josh has stepped down from his company and for now is a stay at home retiree keeping everything clean and running errands and messen' with my kitchen! It has been such a blessing and a huge God thing and we are both so at peace and waiting to see what the future brings!


Watching what we're spending has actually be a fun challenge and we're certainly being more creative and careful with our dollars but its a team building effort and a great exercise!

Influence
And now influence - this is an odd thing but really irritated me a lot. There was a Times magazine article about the WORLDS most influential people of 2010 and the categories included artists - in the top five Rob Patterson and Lady Gaga - ICK

I tried to think why that bothered me and I realized in my opinion to influence something you have to incite change of some sort.... and neither of these people have changed anything. I can't think of anything that they stand for or that I've learned besides bad music and even worse movies (sorry if you love them). I want to an influence on the world and young people but I hope its for more than crazy outfits and dreamy stares.

But I will say one thing Hollywood has influenced me on – I kinda wish my face was a bit different. Josh thinks I’m a crazy lady for this and a myriad of other reasons – but through the power of Photoshop I can just roughly see what I’d look like if I pulled a Heidi Montage and got all the face stuff I wanted in a fell swoop:

Eye lift, Pillow lips, Higher cheekbones/hollowed cheeks, Thinner nose, Squarer chin

I can’t deaden my eye sparkle but that’d probably be a must…..so really wouldn’t be too bad? I know I’m a silly ninny but secretly don’t we all have something we’d like to change? I must say the overall isn’t as different/great as I thought.  Maybe if I didn't jack with my nose it'd be o.k?

Before                  

 



After

2 comments: