Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

W but decidedly not southern

I am a shabby chic kinda gal - no question - but the conference that I'm at is at The W Hotel - Midtown, most decidedly un-shabby chic.  So super modern I think they may have spacecraft hidden away somewhere.  I am for sure not cool enough to be here!

They change the door mats in the elevators for each time of day:


The have a guy that goes around and creases the pillows so they are all the same - I'm a fluffed pillow kinda gal.....and the check in is so sleek and small!

The bar is right by the lobby and has very low seating fun funky furniture - I felt a little cooler having a drink in there - it helped the bar tender was a really cool chick.



Then theres where i had breakfast - I found a really cool restaurant, figured out how to get there, drove through the ghetto, didn't get lost and now its closed this week!! So we made our way back - not getting lost, saw a pastry shop, found parking downtown and when we walked around to the front -  it was out of business!!! So we made it back to the hotel and ate in the ultra cool, odd place....good natural light....

The entry way has cool lights too - I want a 10 story house so I can have one.  Anything less than 10 stories really loses the effect ; )


The bedroom has a strange headboard..... I am not a modern, cement, metal, barbed wire bed frame kinda gal

No comments:

Post a Comment