Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Friday, July 23, 2010

Wolf Pack Continued

You probably know this but hubby and I have known each other/dated/been best friends since high school - so like a super really long time - already close to half our lives! So fun and wild to think about!

The longevity is the key here because every year Josh and his family go to Michigan for the 4th of July and usually stop in Indiana because it is a mere 7 hours around the corner and pick up loads of fireworks that would make a Texas Rangers home run show look kinda lame.  However in my many many years I have never been blessed enough to be privy to this extraordinary eardrum shattering event.  I am a Texas girl - give me some sparklers, black cats, roman candles and snap pops and I am a way happy camper.

Last year they didn't get the fireworks cause we flew - but Josh raced to the store at 9:00 pm on the 4th and got me a variety pack that had all the good stuff you can buy at a grocery store. 


I was raised on - it made my 4th and I had them all to myself which had never happened before in my life - ever! Everyone else sat back a bit sour because nothing I had could blow off my hand or cause a fire 10 houses down if they misfired - but I was in heaven - a little color, a little snap and a whole lotta fun!

Well this year - oh my word - they drove up as previously discussed and bought man fireworks that I wasn't allowed to be around and bought me girl fireworks that once unpacked was about 1/2 that I wasn't allowed to be around - holy moly they went crazy!

In the words of Joe Dirt we had "whistling bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, and one single whistling kitty chaser"



And my "girly pack" was insanely full of lots of things that go boom sparkle.  I tried setting off a few things and then they fired down the beach and exploded in a very unsettling manner and then Josh helped me out. Look at all the fun stuff I got and got to help set up and off.  It was all for me!





It doesn't look super impressive sitting there on the beach but great scotts alive it made a crazy show! Josh looked like he was in a war movie!



It was all laid out on the beach in rows and rows and then in the complete dark Josh and his dad worked from the outside in lighting them all off - it was awesome heart pounding, ear drum shattering entertainment and we had the best show in the beach. Oh did I forget to mention that lots of families all up and down the beach did this so we had almost an hour of panoramic amazing fireworks to enjoy and then when it was over more stars to see than a planetarium video!

Steps to an impressive fireworks show:

1. Buy copious amounts of fireworks


 2. Set up base camp

3. Set up fireworks

4. No women allowed

5. Light in pitch dark but don't run

6. Enjoy the awesomeness

7. Once supplies are exhausted search for more







No comments:

Post a Comment