Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Boys Perspective

A very well known fact is that I grew up with 3 younger sisters and that I knew nothing about boys at all - they horrified me.  They ran around the pool!, threw things, yelled, played in the dirt, shot things, used a farmers Kleenex, punched, kicked and pee'd off my porch!

Then my sister got married and I got nephews.  They were horrifying boys, dirty and loud and very much not like sisters - but then a funny thing happened..... I started adapting and realized that they were boys and boys were loud and dirty and fun. A total brain shift but now I just wanna eat em' up with a spoon. 
Here are my cousin (and his sister my cousin too - but a girl, wonderful, great nurse in training and AWEsOMe even if she's a jayhawk! ) and nephew - aren't they just gobbleishous!





I had the pleasure of a family reunion recently and my nephew who is 5 got a hold of the camera with my cousin who is 6 or 7 - not only are they completely adorable but its fun to remember what it was like to have the viewpoint of a 5 year old.   I remember when I couldn't see over the glass or the counter at a buffet - same from when I was 5 to now!


The boys were losing so bad - therefore uncle josh wasn't happy


My nephew's dad Ricky - happy about losing graciously ; )

My sis Gail and Daddy - check out those guns!


yummy 5 yr old feet self portrait by Fisher ; )


Searching high and low for special pictures



The one thing that I learned during the family reunion weekend was that 5-7 year old channel some weird energy and watch too much TV or rap videos or something - cuase where else would they learn these nonsense moves?  Getting giggy with it nanana na na na na naaa - seriously will smith wasn't even rapping when they were born - but hey got his moves!!





And that ladies and gentleman is what I have learned in my short 1 year of being a aunt - and I can't imagine how much more I have to learn and grown when my turn comes to being a parent.  The heart has a unimaginable capacity to grow and I hope mine grows to the size of King Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment