Ms. Wamp® - I always wished I was part of a big Irish Catholic family and then realized as a plain ol' Southern Baptist I already have more family than I can handle sometimes! Mr. Mc® - a vintage 1982 classic brew....like chocolate - I'm an acquired taste. Normal blogs are typically narrated by one individual - as you'll see...we're not normal but are one. This is our life sometimes adventurous, oft times mundane, but always retold with flourish!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Consider it Pure Joy My Friends

When you take off your prim and proper face, cancel all your plans and jet off on a last minute gambling spree to celebrate the new year!!   I can't explain how happy I am to just let go and go - not think about all the hurt feelings or people without plans but just jump on a crazy decision and go for it!! 

It is my new new years resolution to try to be more fun - I used to be really really fun and carefree, but somewhere along the way I got kinda ridged and proper and different.  I've noticed for a year or so I'm not as sparkly but I put a lovely dinenr party on - so this year I'm going to try and be sparkly and put a nice dinner party on and see how it goes...... Its in the eyes - as Troy Polamalu says - you asked with your eyes.

So thats my goal - to sparkle and shine and let my floors go to the dogs!!

Now onto more important things like Christmas pictures!!!


Christmas Eve is usually candle light service at church but the weather was so crazy we did it at home, Dad read the story and Gail provided background music and Christmas carols - it was so special and intimate I almost hope we do it this way every year!!



Always need a gratuitous sister picture!!! Two shiny shirts, one velour dress and a full costumed elf - sounds about right!


Because the weather was so bad we got to bring the puppies with us and a Christmas miracle happened - Daddy let them stay in the house with us - this is a pretty huge deal and they take up a whole lotta room but it was great.  They only escaped the backyard once but their tracks in the snow made it easy for Josh to find them!

Monday the 29th we got to do Christmas with Ricky and Julies boys - seating was girls table and a boys table - equally split 5 & 5 - first time ever! The boys took these for us and we took one of them.  The man table had football and the ladies table had lots of chit chat!!


Now that I've had nephews for about a year now I'm getting much more used to them - having all sisters boys horrified me.  They are loud, wild, unpredictable, love throwing stuff, punching, kicking, running unsafely and they're sometimes smell - but now I'm starting to love all those things and can appreciate the unbridled enthusiasm with which they approach everything!! It makes Christmas a whole lot more fun when you get to see faces like this:



Plus kids toys are always way fun to play with!! Lincoln Logs and Monster trucks, screaming monkeys, books oh my! - can't beat it!!




1 comment:

  1. Good for you and your spontaniety. (Sp?) Loved the Christmas pics!!

    ReplyDelete